Champaign-Urbana Public Health District (CUPHD) has created the Public Health Institute for Research and Excellence (PHIRE) to promote best practices through quality education, training, technology, evidence-based research and effective partnerships that bridge academia and local community knowledge.
Institute Mission and Scope
The Institute houses research projects, promotes the submission of grant applications, and assists in the evaluation and design of on-going State and community programs. The following are objectives of the Institute:
- Development of measurable processes and outcome
objectives for ongoing public health programs
- Data collection and sampling
- Instrument development
- Data analysis
- Grant writing assistance and funding searches
- Recruitment and retention of research participants
- Development of evaluation and training workshops
- Public Health Education
- Building community partnerships
- Housing of CUPHD and advisory board personnel and
trainees for relevant research and evaluation projects
The Institute is administered by a governing board designated by the CUPHD Board of Health. The governing board's liaison with the CUPHD Board of Health.
The Governing Board has the authority to select projects and authorize trainees and personnel to execute work at CUPHD. Projects are selected based on potential community benefit and research quality.
For more information or to collaborate with the Institute please contact us